Parks & Community Tennis
Coaching Programmes in Parks & Local Community
VTA are working in conjunction with the Vale of Glamorgan Council, Llantwit Major Town Council & Penarth Leisure Centre to bring you Tennis in the Parks! Our parks and community out reach programme aims to bring quality and affordable tennis sessions to areas that would not normally get access to play tennis. We provide sessions to get people playing tennis and enjoying their local tennis facility more often. We also provide community links so that enthusiastic players can access other programmes to take their game to the next level!
Our Current Projects:
Llantwit Major Tennis Courts –
The courts at Llantwit Major are adjacent to the rugby club and owned by the local town council. A few years back the tennis club that resided there folded. It is our aim to re-establish a tennis club in Llantwit Major and rejuvenate the facilities. We currently run Saturday Drop-in sessions, daytime & evening classes on Thursdays and Holiday Tennis Camps during the Spring, Summer and early Autumn.
- Find out more about our coaching programme at Llantwit Major
- Additional information and how to find Llantwit Major Tennis Courts
Romilly Park, Barry –
Romilly Park is a beautiful location to play tennis! The park itself has been awarded The Green Flag and it is just walking distance from Barry Island and The Knap. We currently run Saturday Drop-in sessions, women & girls only sessions and Holiday Tennis Camps during the Spring, Summer and early Autumn. During the winter we run the Saturday drop-in sessions only.
- Find out more about our coaching programme for Barry Community Tennis Club
- Additional information and how to find Romilly Park Tennis Courts
Penarth Leisure Centre –
Our community programme in Penarth has been working with Tennis Squad to provide tennis playing opportunities in Penarth Recreation Ground during the Summer and indoor tennis at Penarth Leisure Centre during the Winter. Using the centre’s badminton courts with nets lowered for Mini Tennis we will be offering a range of sessions using various sponge balls making playing the game huge fun for all abilities!
- Find out more about our coaching programme at Penarth Leisure Centre
- Additional information and how to find Penarth Leisure Centre
Keep up to date:
Get the latest information on our Parks sessions by checking out and signing up to the following:
- Find out the latest updates via our Park’s News Page
- Sign up to our Newsletter
- Follow us on Twitter and Like our Page on Facebook
Back to coaching programmes